Study and Explore Germany at IU
Get the full IU experience: Join us in our Bad Honnef campus and learn alongside students from all around the world. Study in the pretty spa town of Bad Honnef, just outside of Bonn in Western Germany and inside one of Europe’s main business and financial areas, with countless work and networking opportunities.
Everything You Need On Campus
At our Bad Honnef campus, you study on the grounds of the historical St. Anno Park at the very centre of a scenic German town. The campus is international and multicultural, with students, professors, and instructors from over 100 countries.
We offer everything you need for your studies and your wellbeing:
- Beautiful, picturesque campus
- State-of-the-art seminar rooms
- Library and places for online research
- Student apartment halls
- Demonstration kitchen for practical seminars
Eat and Hang out
Our campus offers several food and drinks options, from snacks to fine dining, so you can relax between courses or long study sessions.
- The IU Canteen: Our modern canteen offers you daily choices from a wide range of healthy and delicious dishes.
- Dallmayr Café & Bar: Relax and study in a great atmosphere and enjoy a variety of coffees, tramezzini, stuffed focaccia and more.
- Charly’s Lounge: Hang out, drink a coffee, and party at night in Charly's Lounge. And if our campus manager thinks the weather is good, we sometimes spontaneously grill on the roof terrace.
- das anno Restaurant: For more of a fine-dining feel, anno combines top cuisine with friendly service. On summer days, you can sit outside at the edge of St. Anno Park with its old trees.
Want to work and study in Germany?
IU’s flexible on-campus study model offers you the perfect opportunity to balance life, work, and studies in Germany. The mix of in-person lectures and online classes means you can build a network, socialise, and benefit from real-time, practical teaching.
- Study in small learning groups and interact with other students
- Learn in close contact with your lecturers
- Start 4x/2x per year depending on your selected programme
When you study on campus in Bad Honnef, you’ll also have the option to apply for an 18-month post-study visa which allows you to stay in Germany after graduation and apply for a suitable position. Read more about how on-campus studies work at IU
Discover Our Bad Honnef Campus
Get to know how life at IU is like and get a glimpse of our international Bad-Honnef campus, with all its amenities and services. Our campus is also located a short distance from Cologne, the largest city and cultural hub in Western Germany – this means you’ll have plenty of activities to do when you’re off campus.
Want to join us in Bad Honnef? Check out our on-campus study programmes here
Living On-campus in Bad Honnef
When you study at our Bad Honnef campus, you’ll have the option of renting a student room in a shared flat, in one of our six blocks of modern flats, either directly on campus or just a short walk away.
Each student flat comes with:
- A fully equipped kitchen
- A balcony or a terrace
- Cable TV and radio connection
Your room is furnished with:
- A bed, a mattress, and a wardrobe
- A desk with a chair
- Shelves, an armchair and a small side table
- A curtain rod and curtains
In the apartment blocks, you’ll also find:
- A laundry and drying room
- Bicycle storage (Right outside the block)
- Parking spaces (Across campus and can be reserved for a monthly fee)
We offer low rental rates from 400€ for two- or three-person shared flats – these rates include water, heating, electricity, and internet.
Spots are limited, so if you’re interested in student accommodation, please apply in advance by filling out the following form. The distribution of apartments is done based on availability, so your first choice of accommodation might not be available when you apply. If you have any questions related to student accommodation, you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist.
To apply for a reserved parking space, please fill out the following form.
In addition to on-campus student accommodation, there are also off-campus accommodation options available in shared apartments, or on your own. Our international office can assist you in finding a room.