Come join our robust community of over 14,000 alumni from across industries, and countries. A strong alumni network depends on its members staying in touch over time. That's why our motto is: Get in contact, remain connected, and create traditions! And when numerous talents come together, something amazing can happen — the network of opportunities and possibilities! Stay involved with IU in all you do, whether it's expanding your professional network, helping other students, pursuing lifelong learning, or keeping up with the most recent IU news.
IU graduates and students alike can benefit from a constantly growing alumni community, which is 14,000 strong and constantly growing, to make new connections or renew old ones. You've got your own support system, contacts, and potential future career opportunities!
Since July 2019, the Alumni Council has worked to strengthen communication between alumni and students. It currently consists of 10 alumni and student-elected representatives for a two-year term across different study models such as distance learning, on-campus, and dual studies. Every year in the summer, we make new appointments to our Alumni Council, which has a maximum of four members per study model, with the intention of fostering even more networking within the IU Alumni Network.
The following are some of the prerequisites for becoming an Alumni Council representative:
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Good networking within the alumni community
- Interest in strengthening links with IU International University of Applied Sciences
- Ideas and motivation to strengthen the alumni community
- Experience in the management of various stakeholders, i.e. alumni, students, faculty members, management of IU International University of Applied Science
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Especially interested in alumni that have international experience and intercultural competencies.
Current Alumni Council members
- Colin Samarasinha, Campus Studies, hospitality management, managing director millennium hospitality international GmbH
- Janet Blasius, Campus Studies, Director Talent programs and brand training, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Mariott International EMEA Continent Office
- Joseph Inbaraj, Campus Studies, M.A. International Management – Human Resources, Team Lead-HR & Talent Acquisition, BeamNG GmbH
- Mary Ann Varughese, B.A. Tourismuswirtschaft, Research Analyst, Amrop Woodburn Mann
- Micheal Jäger, Campus Studies, Hotel Management, Founder, Cremanski & Company
- Nils Frans, Dual Studies, Business Administration – Logistic Management, Consultant, agiplan GmbH Germany
- Nina Schwarting, Distance Learning, MBA, Senior Manager Digital Learning, Otto Group
- Roman Pastoors, Dual Studies, Business Administration – Real Estate Management
- Tim Nöhring, Dual Studies, Business Administration, Taxation and Auditing, Tax Specialist, ECOVIS Düsseldorf
A network can only exist by being nurtured. Our five core values are:
The basis of our alumni community's self-image is our tolerance and respect for one another. Through openness, we want to foster a multiplicity of interest groups at IU International University.
We succeed in building an alumni network that offers a plethora of options for personal and professional growth and development
Fun and sociability
The focus is on: fun networking! Starting joint activities in an informal way and with joy and humour is the easiest way to get into conversation with each other and to exchange ideas.
Our goal is to offer further education and exchange for current and former IU University students. We encourage professional exchange through the communication channels of individual members from various professions (e.g., Expert: innentalks with personalities from business, science, and culture).
A sense of community and belonging
An alumni community thrives on its members keeping in touch over the long term. It is the diversity of viewpoints, backgrounds (both personal and cultural), disciplines, and professional pathways that are important.